JOB TITLE: Program Director
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
SUPERVISES: Family Advocates
STATUS: Full Time Exempt
In the performance of their respective duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision
- Interact professionally with other employees, clients and partners
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work with other employees and organizations.
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Program Director manages FRCoT programs. This includes providing direction to Family Advocacy, Early Learning & Reception staff, managing grant budgets and evaluation, marketing programs, and collaborating with partner agencies and funders. As part of the FRC Management Team, assists the Executive Director, Promotora Program Coordinator and Tahoe Truckee Mediation & Legal Assistance Program Director to establish FRCoT policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Family Support Services
- Recruit, hire, train, supervise and evaluate Family Advocates.
- Provide orientation, training and intensive, on-going skills building to staff.
- Develop and oversee case management policy, practice and record keeping.
- Perform data analysis and report writing.
- Ensure that staff meets contract outcomes and deliverables.
- Monitor progress toward case plan goals.
- Coordinate efforts with community agencies to implement support services for families.
- Maintain high level of confidentiality as it relates to clients, personnel, the agency & all records/documents.
- Oversee coordination of FRC classes, workshops and events.
- Develop written material for outreach and information.
- In collaboration with Reception/Outreach manager, ensure Outreach Checklist is completed for all events, programs and classes.
- Represent the FRC at community meetings, as appropriate.
- Coordinate with community partners in joint activities as assigned
Program Management Tasks
- Recruit, hire, train, supervise and evaluate Reception & Outreach Assistant
- Evaluate and analyze program progress and write required reports.
- Develop and monitor outcomes and evaluation measures for FRCoT Programs.
- Respond to request from funders for information about FRC services
- Operate and maintain client management database to ensure accurate client records, including intake, assessment, service plan, progress notes and encounter logs.
- Actively seek sustainable funding sources for FRCoT programs.
- In collaboration with the Executive Director develop and write grant proposals.
- Participate in Board of Directors-led fundraising efforts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in health or human services related field, OR:
- Minimum of five years administrative experience working with infants, children, youth and/or families.
- Three years experience supervising volunteers or staff.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to collaborate and work well with professionals, volunteers, and community members from diverse backgrounds.
- Strong public relations skills, program development experience, especially regarding child development and family system of care.
- Experience and knowledge of child abuse/neglect and the child welfare system and family system of care is a must.
- Experience and knowledge of evidence-based family system of care evaluation and assessment tools.
- Successful grant writing experience.
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, database systems, Internet).
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
Salary range is $38,000 – $43,000 annually (including full health benefits and vacation time), depending on experience.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send resume, cover letter and list of three professional references to email@example.com. Position is open until filled.