The Family Resource Center of Truckee (FRCoT) team provides support and guidance to families and individuals in the Truckee community. Team members work with clients and partners to further the mission of the FRCoT by recognizing and encouraging the strengths of community members and providing tools, resources and connections best suited to empower and enable clients to further their pursuits.
The Receptionist/Outreach Assistant serves as the face of our Center and the first point of contact for phone and walk-in inquiries. You will need to:
- Work effectively and thoughtfully in a multi-cultural environment, with a high degree of emotional intelligence and professional ethics.
- Maintain a high degree of professionalism and customer service at all times
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality as it relates to clients, personnel, the agency and all records/documents.
- Work both independently and within a team to accomplish shared work goals
- Maintain an open perspective and be an active and empathetic listener
- Share thoughts and ideas clearly and respectfully
- Problem-solve quickly and independently at times, while knowing when to ask for help
- Represent the FRCoT professionally at all times
- Demonstrate initiative and familiarity with evolving community resources
- Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone
- Answers or refers inquiries and schedules appointments
- Promotes FRCoT services and programs in person and by creating and distributing promotional materials (including flyers, social media posts, website content and enewsletters)
- Provides administrative support for donor and funder communications
- Assists in the coordination of monthly FRCoT activities and events.
- Participates in assigned meetings, community events and trainings.
Required Professional Skills:
- Ability to communicate thoroughly and succinctly through writing.
- Competence in learning and navigating new programs and systems.
- Proficiency with web-based outreach tools, including social media and websites
- Strong computer literacy skills, including ability to work with spreadsheets, mailings, and email to track contacts and promote FRCoT services and programs
Required Language Skills:
- Fluency in spoken and written English required.
- Conversancy in spoken Spanish required.
- Fluency in spoken Spanish and written Spanish highly preferred.
Required Education and Work Experience:
- AA degree or higher in a field related to health, human services, or marketing from an accredited college or university OR 2-3 years of experience working in the field of customer service, family support, marketing or community outreach.
Salary and Benefits:
- Part-time (20 – 25 hrs/week)
- $13/hr – $18/hr DOE
TO APPLY: Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.