The Tahoe-Truckee Mediation & Legal Assistance Program provides free and reduced cost legal services in a clinic setting for civil legal matters. We do not provide legal representation in court, but can provide advice sessions or “limited scope representation,” which will give you the information you need to move forward in resolving your legal issue. We can also help you access court forms and fill them out correctly. We may be able to provide assistance in the following areas:
- landlord/tenant disputes – for tenants and small landlords
- small claims/contract matters
- civil harassment restraining orders
- family law consultations and referrals
- employment disputes
- understanding the worker’s compensation process
- name changes
- guardianship and conservatorship matters
- public education and discipline issues
- immigration law referrals
If we cannot provide the assistance you need, we will do our best to refer you to an agency who can. We are also fortunate to have several skilled volunteer attorneys who assist us by providing consultations in their specific areas of expertise.
Legal services are available by appointment.
Mondays: Community House in Kings Beach at 530-546-0952
Tuesday – Thursday: Family Resource Center of Truckee at 530-587-2513