Family Room: Monday – Friday, 10 am – 12 pm at Truckee Elementary
The Family Room is an interactive space centered around reading for children under the age of three years and their parents. It allows for pre-school-aged children to learn and socialize in a group setting, exposing them to new activities and readying them for pre-school. The Family Room also includes a lending library of both English and Spanish books for sharing in the cozy, colorful environment. We are excited to see you in the Family Room!
Mondays – Friday: 10am-12pm
**Follows TTUSD Calendar**
Truckee Elementary School – Room 19
11911 Donner Pass Road
Truckee, CA 96161
- All participants must sign in at the front desk upon entering the school.
- School needs sometimes cause us to cancel Family Room. Please follow us on Facebook to receive updates.
Rita Whitaker-Haun, a beloved Truckee music teacher for 33 years, is also a professional artist and cellist with the Reno Philharmonic who has inspired and enriched the lives of hundreds of local children. Rita will teach Musikgarten, a research-based curriculum that teaches to the whole child and promotes brain development; activities include singing, listening, playing simple instruments and movement.
- Family and Infant Classes begin October 6th, 2018!
- Click here to read more of the fun!
Baby and Me
Join these fun and educational classes for parents and infants 3 months – crawling. Activities include music and play, education on health and child development, and informal discussion.
- for more info!
Summer Neighborhood Reading Program
Join us this summer for our free, bilingual neighborhood reading program! We invite families to come read and learn together.
The program is from July 9 – August 24, 2018, Monday through Friday from 10:00 am – 12:00 pm. Join us one day a week at one of these Truckee neighborhoods:
- Mondays at Donner Creek Mobile Home Park
- Tuesdays at Sierra Village Apartments
- Wednesdays at Henness Flats Apartments
- Thursdays at Truckee Pines Apartments
- Fridays at Family Resource Center of Truckee