Family Resource Center of Truckee
Striving to promote the social and economic success in our community by providing education, mobilizing resources, and advocating for change.
Position Title: Family Advocate (Part Time) March 20, 2019
The Family Advocacy team provides support and guidance to families and individuals in the Truckee community. Each Family Advocate works with clients to further the mission of the Family Resource Center of Truckee by recognizing and encouraging the strengths of our community members and providing the research, tools, resources and connections best suited to empower and enable clients to further their pursuits. The focus of this particular Family Advocacy position is around providing community members with concrete support services and referrals to our partnering resource providers.
- Provide bilingual one-on-one case management services, enhancing access to resources for community members in the Tahoe-Truckee area.
- In collaboration with families and individuals, provide services in the following key fields: social service connection, health care and health insurance services/referrals, mental and behavioral health services/referrals, early learning/education, and housing/utilities.
- Work closely with clients to facilitate understanding, provide education and empower client ability, while using a strength-based, family/individual-centered approach with clients.
- Foster connectivity between service providers, organizations and agencies in the Tahoe-Truckee region, with a special focus on sustainability plans and facilitation of opportunities for clients.
- Actively participate in the larger community of Truckee as a representative of the FRCoT, with a focus on attending regular collaborative meetings with partnering organizations and Nevada County affiliates in order to promote effective client services.
- Contribute to the welcoming environment of the FRCoT by providing friendly reception to on-site visitors and clients. Contribute to the clerical duties of the office as needed, including answering phones and scheduling appointments.
- Develop and maintain accurate client records. Use the FRCoT database to keep a record of client interactions. Provide Supervisor with data and reports in a timely manner.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality as it relates to clients, personnel, the agency and all records/documents.
- Participate and assist in the coordination of FRCoT activities and events. Attend regular FRCoT meetings and trainings.
- Complete necessary trainings to develop and strengthen skills in mindful and effective communication with advocacy clients.
Required Education and Work Experience:
- At least 2 years of experience working with children, families, and individuals in fields related to human and community services.
- Demonstrate familiarity with community resources.
Required Professional Skills:
- Ability to work effectively and thoughtfully in a multicultural environment, with a high degree of emotional intelligence, respect for diversity, and professional ethics.
- Ability to maintain an open perspective and be an active and empathetic listener.
- Ability to share thoughts and ideas clearly and respectfully.
- Ability to communicate thoroughly and succinctly through writing.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment to accomplish shared work goals.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism and customer service at all times, as well as establish appropriate personal and program boundaries.
- Comfort with ambiguity and willingness to take initiative.
- Ability to problem-solve quickly and independently at times, while also knowing when to ask for help.
- Ability to professionally represent the FRCoT, our mission, and our values within the community and amongst community partners.
- Ability to research and navigate different programs and systems.
- Strong organizational and coordination skills.
- Strong computer literacy skills.
Preferred Language Skills:
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Spanish is preferred.
Salary and Benefits: $16-$18/Hour (DOE), 18 Hours/Week
TO APPLY: Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please use the following for your email’s subject line: Family Advocate Application_[your last name]
Position open until filled.